The Corral is an online magazine that is published four times a year, once a quarter. The Magazine was designed to showcase the writings of the independent author, no matter their skill level.
The Corral depends on the independent writer to fill the pages of the magazine. The Corral accepts all genres of writing. The magazine will publish, at the minimum, the following every issue.
- Poetry (3 per issue).
- Flash Fiction (2 per issue, 1 from submissions 1 from contest).
- Short Stories (2 per issue).
More features for the independent writer.
- Writing Contests: These contest are geared toward the novice writer but are open to all independent writers.
- Author Spotlight: The Corral will also feature an independent writer. The article will let the reader get to know the writer and learn about the authors latest upcoming release. This article will appear on the ThundrHorse Publishing’s website. The cream of the crop will appear in the magazine.
- Book Review: One book written by an independent author will be chosen by the staff and reviewed. That review will be on the ThundrHorse Publishing’s website. The cream of the crop will appear in the magazine.
- The Corral Preferred Reads: Five books chosen by The Corral staff will be featured in the magazine.
- Q and A: This section will feature independent author interviews. The Corral will also interview those that can help the author succeed. Editors, marketers, book cover designers and more. This article will appear on the ThundrHorse Publishing’s website. the cream of the crop will appear in the magazine.
Independent Musicians, Artists and Photographers.
The Corral not only gives the independent writer a format for their work, they also showcase the independent musician, artist and photographer. The The Corral will do this via the following features:
Musicians Spotlight: The Corral will feature an independent musician. The article will focus on the latest musical release, tour dates and videos. The article will also feature a Q and A section that will give the reader a chance to get to know the musician. This article will appear on the ThundrHorse Publishing’s website. The best of the best will appear in the magazine.
Artist: The Corral will feature one piece of art work from an independent artist.
Photographs: The magazine will feature two photographs. One from two different independent photographers.
To round out the magazine a cartoon will grace the pages. The cartoon will reflect one of the disciplines above.
No matter what site your work appears on a link will be furnished to allow the readers to visit the writer/artist/photographer website and/or social media profile.
Below is the sample issue of The Corral so the writer and reader can get a feel for the magazine and to show the writer the layout.