The Corral relies on independent authors to fill the pages of the online magazine.
What The Corral Accepts:
We accept fiction in the following writing classifications in all genres included Erotica.
- Flash Fiction
- Short Story
What The Corral is Looking For:
Immediate Need – Winter Edition:
The Corral is accepting Poetry and Short Stories in all genres included Erotica, with the following holiday themes.
- Christmas: Parties – Family Reunions, etc…
- New Years: Resolutions – Parties, etc..
- Winter travel – Vacations etc..
Submissions for this issue will close on November 30, 2019.
Immediate Need – Valentine Edition:
The Corral is accepting Poetry and Short Stories in all genres included Erotica, that pertain to Valentines day with the following themes.
- Love and Hate relationships.
- Weekend Getaways.
- Night out on the town.
Submissions for this issue will close on December 31, 2019.
General Submissions – Open:
The Corral is accepting Poetry and Short Story Submissions in all genres included Erotica for future publications.
Literature Content Rules
- Submissions open to all Independent Authors no matter their skill level
- The Corral’s purpose is to showcase the talents of independent writers. To insure that the following criteria must be met:
- We insist the stories well written with the minimal spelling and grammar mistakes.
- Exciting to read
- Be of good taste. The shock effect is OK with us but to be much graphic violence or sex will get you a rejection letter.
- No writing will be accepted if the following occurs within the writings.
- Cruelty toward children and/or animals.
- Sexual acts with children and/or animals.
- No Porn, we except erotica, but not porn. Not sure of the difference go ahead and submit it will let you know.
- No plagiarism. We take this seriously. All submissions must be the original work by the person submitting the work.
- Format: Word (either .doc or .docx).
- Font: Courier or Times New Roman.
- Font Size: 12 points.
- Font Color: Black
- Submitted writings must not exceed the following word counts:
- Poetry – Line Count: 40-200.
- Flash Fiction – Word Count: 53 – 1000.
- Short Story – 1001 – 5000.
1.00Submission Fee (Waved through 6-30-2020)
4.99Administrative Fee (Waved through 6-30-2020).
- Free Exposure to The Corral readers.
- The Contributors Section of The Corral website will feature a short bio with picture of all authors whose submissions are accepted. The feature will include links to the authors website, social media accounts and the published story.
- Monetary Compensation: Negotiable. (The Corral will contact the the author/writer via email to discuss compensation before publishing.) The Maximum paid for each category is listed below:
- Poetry: $16.00
- Flash Fiction: $20.00
- Short Story: $40.00
- Payment will be made prior to publication via PayPal or Certified Bank Check.
The Corral does not accept multiple or simultaneous submissions. Only submit one piece of writing in a classification listed above. The author can submit another writing after the previous submission has been accepted or rejected by The Corral.
The Corral has a dedicated department that reads each submission we receive. Due to the volume of submissions, our response time can be anywhere from one to two months for the literature we are in Immediate Need of. Two to four months for general submissions. The contest entries will receive a more rapid response.
By submitting a story in any form for consideration the author agrees to the following:
- The Corral has the permission to post that submission in The Corral, a ThunderHorse Publishing Online Magazine/Website/Blog.
- All submissions must be the authors own original work and be submitted by the author. The Corral will not tolerate any form of plagiarism.
- The story must be unpublished and not appear on any website and/or blog or in print from.
- The rights to the all submissions will be retained by The Corral.
- Once a rejection letter is received from The Corral all rights revert back to the author.
- During the time between reviewing and the rejection being received, the writer must notify The Corral via email at Corral@journalist.com immediately and withdraw the submission if the following occurs.
- The author wishes to withdraw the submission.
- The author has submitted the story to multiple outlets and the work is accepted.
- The rights to the winning submission will be retained by The Corral for no less than one year. After that time the writer can request their writing be removed from any back issue of the magazine and website.