- All contest are open to published and unpublished independent authors no matter the skill level.
- Open to all genres.
- One entry per person per contest.
- The writer of a winning submission is not eligible to entry or win again for 1 year.
- All stories must be the authors own original work and be submitted by the author. The Corral will not tolerate any form of plagiarism.
- Story Title must match the Visual Writing Prompt title.
- Word Count: 1,000 words or less.
- Format: Word (either .doc or .docx).
- Font: Courier or Times New Roman.
- Font Size: 12 points.
- Font Color: Black
- Entry Fee: 0.00
How to Enter:
- At this time submissions are accepted via email only. Submit to: Contest_Corral@journalist.com
- The submission must be an attachment to the email and not written in the body of the email.
- Subject Line: Contest Entry – Contest Type and Title (Ex. VWP – “The Fire” ).
- Body of email: Name, email and mailing address, link to the writers website or social media page.
- Number of Winners: 1.
- Winning Entry Prize: $20.00 US Currency. (Payment will be made prior to publication via PayPal or Certified Bank Check.)
- Winning entry published in The Corral.
- The winners name will be listed on The Corral’s website under The Contest Winners tab. A link will be furnished to the winning story.
- The writers name will be linked to an external Social Media page or website if desired.
- Honorable Mentions: 3.
- The names of 3 honorable mentions will be published in The Corral with the winning entry.
By entering the contest the author of the contest submission agrees to the following:
- The Corral has the permission to publish the submission in The Corral online magazine, a division of ThunderHorse Publishing.
- All contest submissions must be the authors own original work and be submitted by the author. The Corral will not tolerate any form of plagiarism.
- The story must be unpublished and not appear on any website and/or blog or in print from.
- The publishing rights to all submissions will be retained by The Corral.
- Once a rejection letter is received from The Corral all publishing rights revert back to the author.
- During the time between judging and the rejection being received the writer must notify The Corral via email at Corral@journalist.com immediately and withdraw the submission if the following occurs.
- The author wishes to withdraw from the contest.
- The author has submitted the story to multiple outlets and the work is accepted.
- The publishing rights to the winning submissions will be retained by The Corral for no less than one year. After that time the writer can request their writing be removed from any back issue of the magazine.