- All contest are open to published and unpublished independent authors no matter the skill level.
- Open to all genres.
- One entry per person per contest.
- The writer of a winning submission is not eligible to entry or win again for 1 year.
- All stories must be the authors own original work and be submitted by the author. The Corral will not tolerate any form of plagiarism.
- Format: Word (either .doc or .docx).
- Font: Courier or Times New Roman.
- Font Size: 12 points.
- Font Color: Black
How to Enter:
- Submissions are accepted via email only. Submit to: Contest_Corral@journalist.com
- The submission must be an attachment to the email and not written in the body of the email.
- Subject Line: Contest Entry – Contest Type and Title (Ex. Contest Title – Quarterly VWP “The Fire” ).
- Body of email: Name, email and mailing address, link to the writers website or social media page. Short bio or a link to a bio.
By entering the contest the author of the contest submission agrees to the following:
- The Corral has the permission to post that submission in The Corral, a ThunderHorse Publishing Online Magazine/Website/Blog.
- All contest submissions must be the authors own original work and be submitted by the author. The Corral will not tolerate any form of plagiarism.
- The story must be unpublished and not appear on any website and/or blog or in print from.
- The rights to the all submissions will be retained by The Corral.
- Once a rejection letter is received from The Corral all rights revert back to the author.
- During the time between judging and the rejection being received the writer must notify The Corral via email at Corral@journalist.com immediately and withdraw the submission if the following occurs.
- The author wishes to withdraw from the contest.
- The author has submitted the story to multiple outlets and the work is accepted.
- The rights to the winning submissions will be retained by The Corral for no less than one year. After that time the writer can request their writing be removed from any back issue of the magazine and website.
Good luck and happy writing.
A Division of