- All contest found on The Corral are open to published and unpublished independent authors no matter the skill level.
- Open to all genres.
- One entry per person per contest.
- The winner of any contest is not eligible to entry or win again for 1 year.
- All entries must be the submitters own original work. The Corral will not tolerate any form of plagiarism.
- All submissions must be in good taste.
- No submission will be accepted that depicts sex or harm with or to a minor child and/or animal.
Visual Writing Prompt Contest
The Visual Writing Prompt Contest is reoccurring. The Visual Writing Prompt Contest photograph is featured in each issue of The Corral, here on the website and published to Facebook and Twitter.
Contest Title – “Family Time”. Deadline for entry May 31, 2020.
Contest Title – “Have You Met Jack O’Lantern”. Deadline for entry August 31, 2020.
Contest Title – “Secret Santa”. Deadline for entry October 31, 2020.
Contest Title – “The Fire”. Deadline for entry November 30, 2020.
Contest Title – “The Ransom”. Deadline for entry February 28, 2021.
Contest Title – “Sun Sand and Surf”. Deadline for entry May 31, 2021.
Contest Title – “Death Express”. Deadline for entry August 31, 2021.
Contest Title – “Love is a Gamble”. Deadline for entry November 30, 2021.
The Corral will award a prize of $20.00 to the person who comes up with the best story (in 1000 words or less) based on the photograph. The winning submission will be published in an upcoming issue of The Corral. Along with the winner there will be three (3) runner ups who will get honorableness mentions.
Before making an entry in the above contest it is recommended that you read the The Contest Document below. By not reading and following the below guidelines and entry protocol could keep your entry from being accepted.
The Contest Document
Document Control Number: 2001-0 – Published 2-6-2020 – Revision: Original
- Story Title must match the Visual Writing Prompt title.
- Word Count: 1,000 words or less.
- Format: Word (either .doc or .docx).
- Font: Courier or Times New Roman.
- Font Size: 12 points.
- Font Color: Black
How to Enter
- At this time submissions are accepted via email only.
- Submit to: email@example.com
- The submission must be an attachment to the email and not written in the body of the email.
- Subject Line: Contest Entry – Contest Type and Title (Ex. VWP – “The Fire” ).
- Body of email: Within the body the following statement must be included. “I (insert submitter name) have read, understand and agree to the information found within this document “The Contest Document“. I have also read, understand and agree to the stipulations laid out in the, “Publisher/Submitter Agreement” and the “Submission Guidelines” Documents. The body of the email will also need to include The name, email and mailing address of the author along with a link to the authors website or social media page.
- Number of Winners: 1.
- Winning Entry Prize: $20.00 US Currency. (Payment will be made prior to publication via PayPal or Certified Bank Check.)
- Winning entry published in The Corral.
- The winning author/writers name will be listed on this website, The Corral under the Magazine Contributors tab.
- The author/writers name will be linked to a dedicated page on this website, The Corral.
- The dedicated page will include a short Bio, links to the website or social media page of the author. The dedicated page will also include a link to the winning story in the magazine. This link will also be furnished to the author/writer.
- The author/writer will receive a printed edition of The Corral that the winning story appears in. More copies can be purchased at a discounted rate for family and friends.
- Honorable Mentions: 3.
- The names of 3 honorable mentions will be published in The Corral with the winning entry.
- Each honorable mention will receive a printed edition of The Corral that their names appear in. More copies can be purchased at a discounted rate for family and friends.
For a clear understanding of the contest legal aspects and more take time to read “Publisher/Submitter Agreement” contained within this website. We also recommend you read the “Submission Guidelines” document. By making a contest entry you are agreeing that you have read, understand and agree to the stipulations in both documents.
Got questions? Please ask them before entering the contest. Better to fully understand the process than have the entry kicked backed or trashed due to improper formatting or missing information.
Use the contact form and drop us line. One of our knowledgeable staff will be more than happy to answer your questions or discuss your concerns.