The Corral was designed to give the Independent Authors/Writers, Musicians and Photographers along with Artists a platform to be seen and heard. We showcase the talents of these independents, no matter their skill level in a variety of ways. The Corral depends on the independents to fill the pages of the magazine.
Who We Are
- The Corral is an online magazine hosted by Issuu
- Issue: 1 – Edition: Halloween 2019. Published 10-16-2019
- Magazine published four times a year, once a quarter. Special Holiday editions published through out the year.
Types of Writing We Publish
- Unlike other online and print magazines which only focus on one genre, The Corral accepts and publishes all genres including *Erotica.
- The magazine Publishes the following types of writing in every issue.
- Poetry – Line Count: 40-200.
- Flash Fiction – Word Count: 53 – 1000.
- Short Story – Word Count: 1001 – 5,000
- Song Lyrics
The best submission in each writing style will be featured on the cover of the magazine.
The below features will be utilized to promote the Independent Author/Writer, Musician, Photographer and Artist.
- Writing Contests: These contest are geared toward the novice writer but are open to all independent writers.
- Spotlight: The Corral will also feature an independent writer, musician, photographer or artist. The article will let the reader get to know the participant and learn about upcoming releases. This article will appear on the ThunderHorse Publishing’s website. The cream of the crop will appear in the magazine.
- Book Review’s by Christy: One book written by an Independent Author will be chosen by Christy Warren and reviewed. That review will be on the ThunderHorse Publishing’s website. The cream of the crop will appear in the magazine.
- Music Reviews: One Album or Single sung by an Independent Singer/Musician will be chosen by The Corral staff and reviewed. That review will be on the ThunderHorse Publishing’s website. The cream of the crop will appear in the magazine.
- Books from the Barn: Five books will be chosen by The Corral staff to be featured in the magazine.
- Songs from the Silo: Five (Total) Albums or/or Singles will be chosen by The Corral staff to be featured in the magazine.
- Q and A: This section will feature interviews of the Independent Author/Writer, Musician, Photographer, or Artist. The Corral will also interview those that can help the independent succeed. Editors, marketers, book cover designers and more. This article will appear on the ThunderHorse Publishing’s website. The cream of the crop will appear in the magazine.
Joseph Clay, is a published independent author who began his writing career in 2012. He knows the agony and struggles a new writer encounters as he has been through them. Joseph had a desire to find away to help others avoid some of the same pit falls and mistakes he endured.
Joseph created ThunderHorse Publishing (THP) out of that desire and necessity to serve the needs of the Independent Author. Joseph knew that THP was a great start in helping the new writer. The website features writing tips in the forms of blogs and charts, along with book reviews and spotlights.
However Joseph felt that the independent also needed an outlet that would showcase their talents. The Corral, a division of ThunderHorse Publishing, is an online magazine that fills that need.
Please use the contact form to ask any questions about making submissions, entering a contest or inquire about participating in one of the many features above.
*The Corral does except Erotica, The Corral does not accept Porn. There is a difference. Not sure of the difference submit your writing and we will let you know.